Monday, August 29, 2011

Everyday Gifts

As I sit here in the middle of my bed typing yet another entry into my blog and taking a break from my wedding planning, I am enjoying the rhythmic sound of the rain tap dance across the concrete and run down the side of my apartment onto the neighboring grass below.  Sitting in amazement while also listening to the background music of Bob Marley's Buffalo Soldier play and watching the nearby candle flame melodically bounce to the beat of the reggae sounds pump out of my iPod dock with the help of Pandora's Sade radio station.  With all of the descriptions given about the space I am surrounded by, the only answer to my enjoyment is pure pleasure!  Pleasure in knowing that I have all my senses to enjoy the small yet wonderful gifts the good Lord has given me THIS day!

I have NEVER claimed to be one of great holiness, but I am a believer in HIS great works!  HIS awesome gifts!  HIS love and mercy!  HIS willingness to allow me to live yet another day and be able to smell the wet earth, to hear the powerful thunder, to see the flicker of the candle flame, to feel the cool rain on my face, to taste the fruits offered from the trees afterwards.  Be happy with the gifts that are given us each day.  Don't let one gift given to you from the good Lord go by unnoticed.  Pause for the cool breeze on the hottest day of the summer.  Watch the sun say goodbye for the day, welcome the moon's presence.  Don't get mad if it rains on your parade.  March on baby march on!  Just grab your umbrella and slicker and prance as if nothing is wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment